I’ll Hold You Always


I’ll hold you always
In the small space between my busy thoughts 
There still remains an unspoken emptiness
And aching void 
I’ve reluctantly learned to embrace

I’ll hold you always 
When I feel your baby brother’s china cheeks 
There are yours 
And when I savor your sister’s chocolate eyes
There are yours, too
When your dadda’s long fingers 
Intertwine with mine
Yours are there
You are forever a part of us 

I’ll hold you always 
My heart is your grave
For now you’ll rest here 
Some recklessly trample these sacred grounds
Naive to their precious contents 
I am a living memoir of your love 

I’ll hold you always, almost forever
A breath held in suspense 
Waiting, waiting 
For broken things to be made 
Better than right 
For faith to be made sight 

Til the exhale releases 
And all these crushed pieces 
Find their way into a mysterious 
magnificent mosaic 
And the pain of each broken dream 
Set in its place of purpose 
By the Author and Artist
Himself 

I’ll hold you almost always 
Here in my broken heart 
But forever in my arms 

Comments

Popular Posts